- After fire has been extinguished, open windows and use fans to remove smoke.
- Remove any remaining fire-extinguishing water with mops and/or wet vacuums.
- Furniture, rugs, curtains and any other movable items that have become wet should be removed for drying.
- As soon as power is available, turn on heat or air conditioning and dehumidifiers.
- Unaffected areas should be covered with drop-cloths and entrances to these areas sealed to prevent secondary contamination.
- Critical metallic surfaces of machinery and work-in-progress should be temporarily protected with water-displacement.
Click on the boxes below for more information on each disaster response: