- If the water comes from above, cover machinery, work-in-progress and production lines with waterproof drop-cloths to avoid additional water exposure.
- Remove wet furniture, rugs, drapes, etc.
- Wipe up, mop and/or wet-vacuum all remaining standing water.
- As soon as power is available, turn on heat or air conditioning and dehumidifiers.
- Dry machinery, work-in-progress, tools, etc. with fans, shop compressed air, and hand-held electric dryers.
- Critical metallic surfaces of machinery and work-in-progress should be temporarily protected with water-displacement oil.
Click on the boxes below for more information on each disaster response: